We specialise in placing teams and managing large recruitment campaigns
Brief Case Study Overviews
We promote your organisation’s brand within the UK candidate talent pool as an extension of your HR function promoting all the things about your organisation that makes you unique. Full case studies are available, please call 020 8441 7038
- PCB Care worked in partnership with WSPLD as the exclusive supplier for all permanent support worker recruitment across all their Adult services.
- Following an internal review of services and growth in the LDN Living services, WSPLD had identified a need to recruit 50 full-time and part-time permanent staff into identified gaps across services in West London in order to reduce the cost of utilising temporary staff, gain greater control over expenditure and support the planned develop strategy.
- WSPLD were looking to build capacity to deliver against expected growth via a recruitment campaign over a targeted period utilising their Assessment centre approach which tested behaviours against values.
- Candidates needed to demonstrate an inclusive approach and ethos supporting people when accessing mainstream services and enabling them to make decisions and take risks.
- A preferential cost structure was agreed and detailed advertising campaign defined to ensure efficient project delivery within specified timeframes.
- An intensive and on-going recruitment campaign commenced representing WSPLD as an employer of choice. A dedicated team focussed on sourcing, screening and conducting competency evaluations in order to rapidly shortlist candidates for Assessment Centres.
- After meeting the goal of 50 full and part-time staff WSPLD asked PCB to recruit a further 25 permanent staff to support their expanding capacity needs.
“The ratio of successful applicants and diversity of candidates was noticeable during this period. We were also able to work with PCB on identifying gaps and trends which were then supported though the first stage screening, for example a focus on part time workers or a need to meet skills in complex needs. The focused campaign allowed us to support skills development of recruiters including people with learning disabilities who co-hosted and facilitated the sessions, an essential component of our recruitment.”
“We are very proud to have been shortlisted in the top 3 of a Skills for Care Accolade for recruitment initiatives on the back of the work we have done on our Assessment centre processes”
- PCB Care worked in exclusive recruitment partnership with Mencap following an organisation-wide restructure, where gaps of approximately 80 members of Mencap’s support staff were identified throughout 11 key ‘hard-to-recruit-for’ regions in the UK – namely Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire, Hertfordshire, Surrey, Sussex, Hampshire, Essex, and various locations around London.
- This large permanent recruitment campaign was worked on a contingency basis; PCB recruited teams of between 3 and 10 members of staff for each service – a bulk solution, for a total project cost. This resulted in the ‘per-head cost’ of each recruited member of staff being significantly less than if recruited by direct/traditional agency means.
- A key objective of this exercise was to support Mencap with their ongoing ‘It’s all about the people we support’ ethic at its core, following the rollout of the Personalisation Agenda – as well as the reviewing of their current recruitment processes throughout a period of increased funding pressure from Local Authorities. This essentially meant that our screening criteria for candidates was based purely on ‘Person-Centred Values, Attitude & Understanding of Empowerment’.
- This is the first recruitment project of its kind that Mencap have ever undertaken…..and we have seen some fantastic results.
- Working in partnership with Dimensions, circa 40 full-time permanent posts were identified across England and Wales following Dimensions organisation-wide re-structure.
- PCB was successfully appointed sole provider for all 40 staff having agreed specific briefings regarding each individual role with Dimensions, and launched a nationwide candidate attraction campaign in conjunction with Dimensions marketing team and Community Care.
- This project was delivered 4 weeks ahead of schedule, within a 12 week timeframe.
“In August 2011, Dimensions undertook a major restructure of its operational management team to ensure that we were ready for the challenges that face the social care sector. We worked in partnership with Personnel and Care bank to recruit to more than 40 Service Manager positions across the country. Working in partnership with our regional Operations Directors, Personnel & Care Bank delivered a bespoke recruitment service that enabled us to ensure we found the right person for the right role at every service. The PCB team led by Niki Alvarez were very supportive throughout and helped us achieve some great outcomes.”